Plan of Study
The orientation is a blended model of knowledge and skills beginning before entry to practice in the LTC facility and ending approximately 3 months later. Each module takes approximately 3 hours to complete, and the in-person skills day takes 8 hours.
This represents a general timeline for the program. The exact delivery model may vary.
Pre-entry to LTC practice:
- Module 1: Evidence-Based Standards for LTC Clinical Practice
- Module 2: Foundational Clinical Practice in LTC
- Module 3: Polices Affecting Clinical Care
- Module 4: Ethically Based LTC Practice
1 month after entry to LTC practice:
- Module 5: Professional Socialization
2 months after entry to LTC practice:
- Module 6: LTC Practice Preparedness Skills
Within 3 months after entry to LTC practice:
- LTC Skills Day (in-person within each facility or shared between facilities)
Learning outcomes for the course were developed based on a compilation of nursing competencies.