Critical Care Paramedic Program
Certificate of Completion
- Part time: 33 weeks
See Plan of Study details for more information.
- Online and in-person learning
- In-person classroom and skills and simulation sessions in Halifax
- Clinical placements
- Fall: September 12, 2022–April 28, 2023
- Fall: August 22, 2022
The Critical Care Paramedic Program (CCPP) prepares Advanced Care Paramedics (ACPs) to work in a variety of critical care settings. This competency-based program will stretch your understanding of critical care theoretical concepts and best practice guidelines. You will gain insight into factors that influence safe care and interprofessional teamwork, and become proficient in providing high-quality, safe, effective, person-centred care in critical care practice environments. Upon completion of the program, learners can seek licensure from the College of Paramedics of Nova Scotia (CPNS) as a Critical Care Paramedic (CCP).
- Active-practicing ACP license with the College of Paramedics of Nova Scotia (CPNS)
- Sponsorship by an employer to participate in the program