Leadership for Nurses in Long Term Care
Certificate of Completion
- Part time: 4 weeks for nurses, 2 weeks for managers
See Plan of Study details for more information.
- Independent, online learning with a live classroom session
- Winter: January 16, 2023–March 3, 2023
- Virtual Classroom for nurses: February 17, 2023
- Virtual Classroom for managers: January 27, 2023
- Spring: May 8, 2023–June 16, 2023
- Virtual Classroom for nurses: June 9, 2023
- Virtual Classroom for managers: May 19, 2023
- Spring: April 17, 2023
Leadership for Nurses in Long Term Care provides an opportunity for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses to build knowledge of nursing leadership and practice skills virtually that can be applied in the LTC setting. Strong leadership in long term care positively impacts the work environment, teamwork, and resident experiences.
Nurses in the Leadership course will be supported by their supervising managers as they develop skills and knowledge. Managers will have access to the course content as well as the supporting Manager's Leadership Guide to allow them to support their staff.
- Frontline RN or LPN currently practicing in the long term care setting
- Support from the nurse's supervising manager