Interprofessional Simulation Facilitation Course
Certificate of Completion (see also CME Accreditation information).
- Part time: 6–8 weeks
The course has 6 weeks of content, but can be up to 8 weeks long depending on when your in-person session is scheduled. See Plan of Study details for more information.
- Independent, online learning
- Weekly online classroom sessions
- 1 full-day, in-person session
- $900 CAD
- Fall: October 4, 2023–December 1, 2023
- Spring: April 10, 2024–Jun 12, 2024
- Fall: September 22, 2023
- Spring: March 27, 2024
The Interprofessional Simulation Facilitation Course will build leadership in simulation-enhanced interprofessional education (Sim-IPE) to meet the needs of healthcare providers and educators across Nova Scotia. Participants will be introduced to theories underpinning simulation-based education and interprofessional education. As both uniprofessional and interprofessional simulation has increased in academic and practice environments, this course will ensure that new and current healthcare providers and educators are supported to develop knowledge and skill in Sim-IPE.
The Interprofessional Simulation Facilitation Course uses evidence-informed teaching and learning strategies that are required to continuously develop IPE simulation facilitators. Participants will be introduced to the foundational knowledge and skills required to effectively design, develop, and facilitate Sim-IPE. There will be opportunities for participants to apply the knowledge they have learned in synchronous activities.
- Health care providers or educators within Nova Scotia
- Interest in designing and facilitating simulation-enhanced interprofessional education
- Work involves current or anticipated design, development, and/or facilitation of simulation-based education
- Weekly synchronous and asynchronous participation
- Attendance at the in-person, full-day session (exact date will be provided and varies depending on your location/zone)
Please complete the registration form to indicate your interest and availability for this course, and you will be contacted with confirmation and next steps. Selection for the course will be made on a first-come basis while ensuring interprofessional representation from each zone/region. You will receive additional course information following the selection process.
For this course, you are only required to complete the following sections of the registration form:
- Demographic information (e.g., name, address, email, phone number)
- Professional designation
- Current employment information (including location)
- Program information (program name, study option, date)
Please enter N/A for any other sections. Do not upload a cover letter, resume, or reference.