Coming Soon: Long-Term Care Orientation for RNs and LPNs
Certificate of Completion
- 3 months
- Online learning modules
- Integrated clinical practice while working with a preceptor
- In-person skills day for orientees
- Support for preceptors via a Preceptor Resource Guide
See Plan of Study details for more information.
- Orientation will be offered on an ongoing basis to support RNs and LPNs as they are hired
- Registration will be provided closer to course launch
The Long-Term Care Orientation for RNs and LPNs course supports nurses as they transition to practice. This course provides standardized education for nurses within LTC.
This will ensure nurses within LTC are able to care for residents and families/caregivers. Nurses will be supported to meet the knowledge and skill requirements to perform their roles, responsibilities, and provide access to quality, resident-centred care.
Welcome Message from Minister Adams (Video, 02:05)
- RNs or LPNs who are new to LTC
- Preceptors supporting RNs and LPNs in their orientation to the LTC will have access to the Preceptor Resource Guide