- Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada. (2021). ORNAC standards, guidelines, and position statements for perioperative registered nurses (15th ed.). Canadian Standards Association.
- Rothrock, J. C. (2019). Alexander's care of the patient in surgery (16th ed.). Mosby.
These are instrumentation books. Tighe is used in PONP lessons as an optional text. If you decide to purchase or borrow, only one instrumentation book would be necessary — not both.
- Nemitz, R. (2019). Surgical instrumentation: An interactive approach (3rd ed.). Mosby. ISBN: 9780323523707
- Tighe, S. M. (2016). Instrumentation for the operating room (9th ed.). Elsevier Mosby. ISBN 978-0-323-24315-5
Where to Purchase
Canadian Standards Association
The ORNAC Standards are available from the Canadian Standards Association (search ORNAC). Your hospital/OR may also have a current copy that you could borrow. Please check with the OR manager/educator at your site prior to purchasing.
Dalhousie Health Sciences Bookstore
- Address: 6136 University Ave., Halifax, NS
- Phone: 902-494-3020
For assistance, ask for Jim Regan, the health sciences text buyer. Visit the bookstore in person, pay over the phone, or order online.
Textbooks are also sometimes available online through websites such as Amazon or Chapters/Indigo.