Cancer Care Systemic Therapy Certification Course
Registered Nurses with Chemotherapy Certification (RNCC)
- 11 weeks
- Learners may be eligible for a 6-week plan of study based on prior learning and experience and consultation with faculty.
See Plan of Study details for more information.
- Independent, online learning
- In-person skills and simulation lab day
- Integrated clinical practice with a preceptor
Winter: January 9, 2023–March 27, 2023
- Skills and simulation lab: March 2 or 3 or 6, 2023
Spring: March 6, 2023–May 22, 2023
- Skills and simulation lab: April 26 or 27, 2023
Summer: May 15, 2023–July 31, 2023
- Skills and simulation lab: July 12 or 13, 2023
Fall: September 11, 2023–November 27, 2023
- Skills and simulation labs: October 13 (week 5), November 1 and 2 (week 8)
- Spring: February 15, 2023
- Summer: April 21, 2023
- Fall: August 18, 2023
The Cancer Systemic Therapy Certification Course (CSTCC) has been tailored to the needs of oncology nurses in Nova Scotia to achieve the designation of Registered Nurse with Chemotherapy Certification (RNCC). This performance-based course is designed to meet learning needs of Registered Nurses working in nursing units that administer systemic therapy for cancer. This course provides the knowledge, skills, and performance requirements that RNs need to safely administer and respond to the complex care needs of cancer patients and their families.
This course uses content from the de Souza Institute’s Provincial Standardized Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course (PSCB), while incorporating Nova Scotia specific treatment and practice guidance for Registered Nurses working in systemic therapy treatment areas. At the completion of the course, RNs will be competent in the independent administration of cancer systemic therapy at the advanced beginner level and able to provide safe and effective interventions to cancer patients and their families as an RNCC.
- Active-practicing RN license with the provincial regulator
- Health Service Manager approval and support
- Employment in a Nova Scotia Health nursing unit that administers systemic therapy for cancer