Plan of Study
Full-time Family Practice Nursing Education Program
Learners benefit from self-directed study of online lessons, online discussions, and online classroom sessions. A skills lab supports the practice of newly acquired knowledge, and clinical placements consolidate learning. Knowledge is assessed in a variety of ways such as through examinations, online discussions and assignments.
Learners need to be prepared to devote full-time hours (Monday-Friday) during the majority of the program’s 16-week period. Travel to Halifax will be required for 2 full days during Week 5. While every effort is made to provide required clinical learning experiences at the site closest to the learner’s home, travel may be required.
This represents a general timeline for the program. The exact delivery model may vary between offerings.
- Week 1 to 5: Full-time study
- Week 6: Full-time clinical placement
- Week 7 to 9: Part-time study (2 days/week) and part-time practice in your regular clinic setting (3 days/week)
- Week 10: Full time clinical placement
- Week 11 to 13: Part-time study (2 days/week) and part-time practice in your regular clinic setting (3 days/week)
- Week 14 to 16: Full time clinical placement